Wednesday 22 May 2019

Making a living


One of the Hodja’s two sons was a making a living from growing produce in his orchard, and the other was making his living from making clay jugs and pitchers.

Hodja asked the first son how he was doing and the son said, “This year I planted all sorts of things. If there’s enough rain, I will be fine. But if it doesn’t rain, Mom will shed tears for me.”

Hodja went to his other son and asked how he was doing and the second son said, “This year I mixed a lot of earth and water. If it doesn’t rain, everything will be just fine. But if it rains, Mom will shed tears for me.”

When the Hodja went home, his wife asked how the sons were doing and he answered, “I don’t know about the boys, but whether it rains or not, you’re going to shed a lot of tears.”

No comments:

Post a Comment